Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Borrowing from LA

I'm not such a fan of LA, but I have to admit, it is definitely a shopper's paradise. Lucky for us, we can get the style without having to make the trek, with stores like Ron Herman now providing desktop access to ample choices. Some winners from the SoCal shopping institution's site:

I could dress this one down for day by throwing on a chunky cardi or dress it up for evening with heels, jewelry, and maybe a bolero jacket if it's chilly. Debra Rodman black & gold strapless dress, $285 .

I haven't seen a good denim dress in ages. Leave it to denim masters Citizens of Humanity to come up with the perfect one. Play around with this versatile piece by mixing and matching various belts, jewelry, shoes, and bags. Denim Piretti dress, $195.

Vena Cava keeps churning out one hit after another. I love the neckline detail and the gorgeous print on this sweet, vintage-glam dress. If I wore this, I might be tempted to sashay around a party with my hands posed like the mannequin (whose red bow lips lend themselves especially well to this look, no?). $445.


Here's another great vintage inspired piece. This coat has a fun collar, wide sleeves, oversized buttons, and a hint of glimmer, and I love how it belts through the inside. Venus coat by Deborah Sweeney, $408.
Photo credit: www.ronherman.com

No comments:

Post a Comment