Friday, September 7, 2007

Cruising the Teen Department

This dress from the Junior's department at Macy's (yes, really) came highly recommended by the Splendora girls a few weeks ago. It had me at first glimpse, so I placed an order at once. It happened to be the day of the Macy's One Day Sale, so I got it for a mere $30-something (but you can still get it for a paltry $54). I'm wearing it today and like it for the most part, with a few minor complaints.

The picture doesn't show that it curves up on the sides like a shirttail, rendering it somewhat scandalous to wear sans tights. You might be able to get away with it on a hot summer day, but going forward, it's best to pair with black tights. Second, it MUST be worn with a belt, as any attempts to do it without one pretty much make it a billowing nightshirt (even though I ordered the small). Though I'm a bit dismayed at the lack of versatility (and the curious smell -- I had to spritz Febreeze liberally), I'm a pretty happy customer. I can't decide if it looks better with a vintage eelskin belt I found in SF or my new Grace Sun chain belt. I kind of like the one in the picture and looked for it on the Macy's website, but alas, it's nowhere to be found.


Photo credit: www.macys.com

No comments:

Post a Comment