Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Hoodies + Overcoats

I will forge ahead with my onslaught of wintry garb posts, completely heedless of the fact that it's 90+ degrees out there on the streets of Manhattan. Winter will come, I say, and I dare not be as unprepared as when I arrived here last February from the temperate city of San Francisco, greeted by bone-chilling temps and far less (but more aggressive) homeless people.

Switching subjects rather suddenly . . .

An otherwise awful ex of mine was great at layering, and one of his best (sartorial) moves was putting a dressier, long winter coat over his well-worn hoodies. He had some great fingerless gloves, too, which brought the look even further downtown and allowed him to chain smoke away his robust health and good looks (well, I'm not sure, as I haven't seen him in ages, but I can only hope imagine). Mix your more substantial, uptown pieces with one of your casual, downtown staples, and see what happens.

The foundation piece. NSF Bongo Hoodie in slate blue, $92 @ Context.

The fine topper. EubiQ NY Underground Overcoat, $330 @ Context.

Photo credit: www.contextclothing.com

No comments:

Post a Comment