Thursday, December 6, 2007

New Years Dress Shopping

Ideally, I'd ring in the new year in some far flung, foreign land (my favorite New Years was spent riding camels on the beach in Pakistan), but since the work sched is making that impossible this year, I'm not sure what I'll do. I'm not really into dropping a lot of money to go hang out at some fancy party with a bunch of other people who also spent way too much to drink away the year's final moments. I'd prefer something much more intimate, such as a low-key evening of merrymaking with a coterie of the innermost circle.

For those of you who need a brand new New Years "outfit" to do it big, there are plenty of pretty prospects.

I find that, for some reason, girls always think they need to wear something sparkly for NYE. If you want to shine, don't go overboard. French Connection's Sliding dress, with sequin detail on a neutral tone, is just the right wattage. Now on sale for $169.99.

For a subtler shine, pair this Abaete dress with black striped tights and sky-high heels. Silk pleated Murray dress in Steel, now $243 @ Bluefly.

Also available in royal.

If you want to go with a little black dress, try Rachel Pally's Pam Dress. Now on sale for $154 @ Tobi.
Photo credit: 1) www.frenchconnection.com. 2,3) www.bluefly.com. 4)www.tobi.com

No comments:

Post a Comment