Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Happy 2008

Happy New Year, all. Hope your NYE was all it was hyped up to be. Now that you've had your fill of "best of" lists and year's-end retrospectives, let's do a little thing I like to call moving on. Though I'm all for learning from the past, I don't dwell on it. I'm usually too caught up in the present and dreaming up the future to linger too long, or too wistfully, over days gone by. If ever I feel the odd pang of nostalgia, I have plenty of photo albums and journals to revisit for a fix. Note: my disdain for the sentimental past does not apply to vintage, obvi.

Here are a couple of ways to start scheming up the adventures that await in '08.

If you want to invest in a calendar you can use year after year, the Imbroglio wall calendar designed by Jean-Pierre Vitrac is a fun option.  Available for £52 @ the Design Museum.


Feeling nostalgia for pasts I didn't actually live to see is quite a different matter. This desk calendar, made up of classic movie posters, is now on sale for $3.99 @ the MoMA store.

Photo credit: 1) www.designmuseumshop.com. 2) www.momastore.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment