Monday, March 10, 2008

Addicted to Bras

Even though I just went on a crazy underwear spree, I just can't seem to get enough when it comes to racy underthings. I've always had a thing for undies and have been particularly prone to making rash impulse purchases (like stepping out to get a croissant but getting distracted by the display in the adjacent lingerie store and walking out with a $400 bustier that I will wear exactly twice). However, since moving to NYC, the compulsion has gotten out of control. I now think nothing of wearing garter belts (love the Cosabella Pearl) to hold up my Wolford thigh highs . . . on a random Tuesday. It's because beautiful little lingerie nooks and boudoir-styled boutiques abound here, many of which carry labels with limited availability outside of Europe. An investigative report on New York's best places for la ropa interior is in the works, but for the rest of the gals who don't live here, here are some options worthy of a European vacation (countdown to my Eurotrip is at just under 5 weeks -- just get here already).

Aubade La Tentatrice demi cup bra, $100 @ Figleaves.

Wundervoll's convertible strapless, price and availability unknown, but I'll look into it.


Masquerade Antoinette Bandeau Bra, $98 @ Bare Necessities.

Lascivious Pout balcony bra, $210 @ Coco de Mer.
Lascivious Belle balcony bra, $215, and suspender briefs,@110 @ Coco de Mer.

Photo credit: 1) www. figleaves.co.uk 2)www.wundervoll.de 3) www.barenecessities.com 4-6) www.lascivious.co.uk

1 comment:

  1. Love all of these! I know what you mean about the insane impulse buying, but it just makes you feel so good. I like huit and elle macphereson's stuff too.

    ReplyDelete