Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Net-a-Porter Sale: Party Dress Edition

Net-a-Porter could distract me for days. With its highly covetable (and highly unaffordable) designer dresses, coats, shoes, and accessories, paging through the luxury retailer's site produces sigh after sigh. I try not to visit it too often, for fear that it'll hamper my productivity. However, when they're having a major sale, it's pointless to try and fight it. This time around, they've got more than my closet (and wallet) can handle. It's quite possibly the best sale they've had yet, and I've decided to help you sift through the treasures by breaking it down and highlighting some excellent choices. Don't limit yourself to the choices you see before you -- there are plenty of amazing finds to be had should you choose to have at it on your own.

Without further ado, I present to you a selection of party frocks culled from the sale bin.

The bright, raspberry color really pops on fair complexions and tanned skin alike. Add a pop of juicy lipgloss in a complimentary hue, and you'll be the loveliest rose at the party. Pair with black tights and earrings for a dressier affair, or bare legged for a more relaxed look.
Graham & Spencer Patch pocket dress, now $280 (was $400).

Buttons up the back. Reminds me of the schoolyard song about Miss Mary Mack.


Marc by Marc Jacobs Wild cherry dress, UPDATE: Sold Out. Argh! Would've been perfect for so many events, too. Sadness is sinking in.



Alexander Wang Metallic tank dress, $238 (was $340). Doesn't look like much on its own . . .


. . . but very cute with a cropped jacket. To get the proportions right, choose one that stops just at the cinched waistline.

Photo credit: www.net-a-porter.com

1 comment:

  1. I too love net-a-porter but more often than not you can find the same items with a much greater discount elsewhere. For example the graham and spencer dress you blogged, which I own and paid less than $200 months ago. Its from the fall/winter. It was online on many boutique websites in the winter discounted for 50% or more.

    Maybe everyone else has more $ for fashion but I have to be a budget fashionista and an $80 is huge to me.

    I think active endeavors, shopbop and revolve clothing have great online sales.

    ReplyDelete