Thursday, October 2, 2008

Starck, Burgundy, and Piggies

I haven't done a home post in ages and thought I'd share these lovely yet terribly expensive items from the MoMA store.

I love the smoked glass look of the Philippe Starck and Eugeni Quitllet-designed Mr. Impossible Chair, $490.



This Sommelier Burgundy Glass, designed by Claus Josef Riedel in 1958, ranks "among the world's most revered hand-made wine glasses." Why, you ask? Momastore.org explains:


"The design of the glass allows the bouquet to develop fully, while the slightly flared top lip maximizes the fruit flavors by directing a precise flow onto the front palate. Certain wines and grape varieties require this type of controlled delivery. By ensuring that the fruit is highlighted while using the marked acidity of the wine to keep the flavors in balance, the Sommelier Burgundy Glass produces a superbly three-dimensional 'taste picture.'"

I sincerely hope the $120 price tag is for a set of four, and not each individual glass.




Though I'm by no means a religious person, I have a deeply ingrained aversion to pork. However, I'm pretty sure the little oinker below is halal. The Somewhere City Plush Pig by Goran Lilas makes a soft, snuggly gift for your littlest loved ones, but it's so adorable that you just might be tempted to keep it for yourself. I thought about it long and hard at the MoMA store in SoHo. $26.

Photo credit: www.momastore.org

2 comments:

  1. I think you'll find it's $120 per glass! They're hand made and beautifully light but have nearly doubled in price in the last 4 years or so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sigh. That's too bad. Thanks for the info, though!

    ReplyDelete