Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Trench-spiration: Burberry Leads Me to the Perfect Fall Topper

I have a couple of long trenches that I love, but lately I've been seeking a shorter, less cumbersome version (I'm forever getting caught in the doors of taxi cabs).  I've been passively looking, on and off, here and there, but it wasn't until I spied this beautiful, textured Burberry trench on the Spring 2010 runways that I knew exactly what I was looking for. It's not available yet and I certainly can't afford it, but it's the exact length I had in mind, fits impeccably, and gives me the option to swap the sash belt for leather to change up the look whenever I fancy.  Over the weekend, I found my match at Rag & Bone, in a lovely, perfect-for-fall slate hue. Next mission: find the brown leather belt of my dreams.




Rag & Bone Great Coat, $595 @ La Garconne. It looks a bit more blue in person.



I'd originally wanted this silk number, but it's from Spring '09 and is nowhere to be found in my size. $514.50 (was $735) @ La Garconne.


Photo credit: 
1) style.com
2 & 3) lagarconne.com

3 comments:

  1. One of the nicest trenches I've seen style and price wise was last season at Banana Republic for somewhere around $200. I'm sure they'll have another just as great this season also. It's worth checking out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I've heard that from several people and a couple of my friends have them (and look fabulous), but unfortunately, BR just doesn't fit me that well :(

    I'm sure that readers would appreciate the tip, so thanks. I suppose it's affordable enough that it might be worth it to see what a tailor could do for me?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would definitely see what a tailor could do!

    ReplyDelete