Wednesday, October 7, 2009

It Don't Mean a Thing if it Ain't Got That Swing

Watching clothes move with the body is half the fun of outfit watching, and there's something so chic and timeless about a swingy cape.  The exaggerated volume cuts a dramatic silhouette that's delightful to observe from afar.  This grey wool number would pair perfectly with ultra skinny jeans tucked into ankle booties, accessorized with fall's ubiquitous fingerless gloves.

Safe cape, $210 @ Need Supply.






If only these Free People gloves had silver studs instead of rhinestones, I'd be all over them. $38 @ Need Supply.


Photo credit: www.needsupply.com

2 comments:

  1. love these...my mother says to me this year "you are at the age where you really need a lot of nice coats to choose from" haha...ohhh..thanks mom! lee did not agree with her:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to think of a coat as an instant outfit. My entire wardrobe consists of American Apparel -- I spend all my $$ splurging on coats and shoes. The beauty of it is that I could be wearing my pajamas under there and nobody would know.

    ReplyDelete