Thursday, October 22, 2009

Lunchtime Pick-Me-Up: Party (Dress) Time!

It’s no secret that I’m not pleased about the imminent winter, but one thing that instantly perks me up is the prospect of shopping for holiday dresses. I usually have a party or six to attend (which is exactly how many a boyfriend dragged me to one year), where I can usually be found planted beside the dessert table, feigning interest in the idle chatter of fellow partygoers while furtively sneaking a third slice of pie onto my plate and chewing thoughtfully on chocolate-dipped fruit while pretending to contemplate the topic of discussion. I don’t mind if I don’t know a soul, really, so long as there is an assortment of canapés and ladyfingers to keep me comp’ny. I never go full glam at these things, preferring simple, unfussy looks so as not to court disaster in the form of errant chocolate sauce.

The first promising find of the party dress season is this sweet, silky number from Whitley Kros.  As you can see, it has a drawstring waist that can be conveniently adjusted to accomodate the food baby I plan to acquire. It’s versatile enough to dress up for a fancy fete with tights, heels, and a fun updo, or dress down with a  chunky oversized cardi and boots for an eggnog hangover brunch the next morn'.

Whitley Kros Chelsea Dress
in navy, $225. Also available in magenta.



 


Photo credit: www.shopbop.com

No comments:

Post a Comment