Friday, November 27, 2009

Home to Roost: Rustic Pieces to Covet

A couple of years ago, I purchased a round cherry bark mirror by Roost for my bedroom. Even though I've seen it every day since, it still makes me happy every time I look at it, and its beauty hasn't faded for me in the least. I recently started poking around for Roost's other offerings, after noticing that Anthropologie seems to sell a lot of their products (lovely wooden office supplies, like letter trays, tape dispensers, and staplers, discovered in the sale section of the 5th Avenue store just a couple of weeks ago). My hunt proved fruitful, as I found several items to lust after, at relatively reasonable price points. Their rustic, mostly wood-based products really warm up a room with their rich tone, organic shapes, and earthy quality. Here are but a few of my favorites, available through Velocity Art and Design. Be sure to check out their entire stock of Roost lovelies.

This photo really doesn't do justice to my circle mirror. It's simply gorgeous in person. $270.



Line your walls with logs. Rustic Wood Shelves, $36-$96.


This serving board comes apart to work as serving plates. Log Wedge Serving Board, $38.


And three great stools:


These could easily double as side tables. Terra Stool, $130-$190


Creamery Stool, $120 for the shorter one and $130 for the tall.


Infinity Stool, $310. Stack a few books on the bottom and it doubles as storage.


Photo credit: www.velocityartanddesign.com

No comments:

Post a Comment