Thursday, November 19, 2009

Truffleupagus: A Hoarder of Truffles

Last holiday season, I gifted a couple of very lucky friends with pink champagne truffles from Charbonnel et Walker. It was with great reluctance that I parted with the fancy confections, as I wanted so badly to keep them for myself. More than the rich, flavorful chocolates, I coveted the beautiful boxes that housed them.  A year later, I've hatched an ingenious plan: I intend to bring them to work to dole out to coworkers, but will tuck the tins away so I can bring them home later. My cupboards need a stack of round boxes in candy colors.

I've decided on a trio of Mint, Dusted Lemon, and Bucks Fizz flavors. They're available at Saks (spent my last birthday on the shoe floor at Cafe Charbonnel, watching a parade of tasty treats whiz by on a conveyor belt) and Bergdorfs. $23 per box.


 
Photo credit: www.bergdorfgoodman.com

No comments:

Post a Comment