Sunday, December 13, 2009

Sunday Linkage: Frauleins, Architectural Gingerbread Houses, A Visualization of Mad Men Withdrawal, and Field Journal Love

In which we take a break from shopping to gaze at pretty pictures and read about things that caught my fancy this week.   

I love a clever gingerbread house, and Apartment Therapy SF has a great roundup of inspiring edible architecture, which includes modern marvels rendered in graham cracker logs and sugar-coated shingles. 


 
 


While flipping through the December issue of Pilfered (guest edited by Yosi Sergant), I found a photo that perfectly captures how I felt after Mad Men's third season ended. Knowing I'll have to wait a year for my next fix is just too much.

Photo: unknown, via Pilfered


My favorite blog these days is A Field Journal. I can't get over the gorgeous photography and have been frequenting it in search of inspiring imagery with text and DIY project ideas to help chase away winter's dull drearies. A sampling:

 
 
 
 
Photos: www.afieldjournal.blogspot.com

The blogosphere is abuzz over fashion photog Ellen von Unwerth's new book, Fräulein, a 500-page cabaret-themed retrospective of her feisty femmes.  Dazed Digital has an interview and some photos from the forthcoming tome (her sixth). It's due out in January and according to Taschen's website, will retail for a dizzying $700.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment