Wednesday, February 17, 2010

New York Fall 2010 Fashion Week: Comfy, Cozy Textures

A lack of internet service caused me to miss the bulk of the Fashion Week coverage (thanks, Time Warner), so I've been furiously clicking my way through the images of the past week in a desperate attempt to play catch up. I've found that my eyes have been lingering on cozy textures: nubby boucles, chunky knits, and sumptuous cashmeres are beckoning me.

I can totally picture a winter afternoon spent fireside, luxuriating in the warmth and comfort of these cozies:

I want to steal this divine cocoon cardi right off of the back of one very lucky Karlie Kloss.  Donna Karan.


A gorgeous knee-grazer from Jeremy Laing.

How Marc Jacobs manages to make this not look frumpy is a great mystery. The sweater is perfect for a snowy afternoon spent cozied up with hot chocolate.

Layering at Rag and Bone.

This shearling-lined suede wrap jacket from CFDA darling Sophie Theallet awakens 70's nostalgia in me (nevermind that I wasn't actually there to witness the decade).
Photos: www.style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment