Thursday, February 18, 2010

Pre-Order This: Daria, the Complete Animated Series

Fans of Daria, rejoice: though there are still 82 days until its official DVD release, the pre-order price for the complete box set has come down from $72.99 to $50. 99 on Amazon.


Since having to wait until May 11th is causing the disaffected adolescent in me to roll my severely myopic, bespectacled eyes, cast a half-lidded glance of contempt at my parents, and go sulk in my bedroom, I started dreaming of other box sets I'd love to own. Freaks and Geeks, Arrested Development, and My So-Called Life are top of mind, but there's one that would send me over the moon with delight:
 
 

The Absolutely Fabulous: Absolutely Everything Collection contains 9 glorious discs worth of vulgarity, binge drinking, fad diets, over-the-hill partying and lamentable fashion choices, all appropriately packaged in an ostentatious quilted silver box (of which Eddie and Pats would most certainly approve). Its wicked humor never fails to elicit peals of laughter from me, no matter how many times I watch an episode. I love them as if they were my own family (though fortunately, they are not). Available on Amazon.com, $116.

Photos: Amazon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment