Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Mission Impossible? The Hunt for the Perfect Anorak

I've been searching high and low for a good army green parka or anorak for a long while, but every time I find one I like, it turns out to have some off-putting detail that just kills it for me -- it either looks hideous with my skin tone, is the wrong length, or is festooned with excessive doodads. However, this fall I've already come across two that look more promising than any I've seen before. Here's hoping one of them works (and here's hoping it's the less expensive one)!

Though I haven't bought anything by them since the 7th grade, Quiksilver's Evolution Jacket is the exact shade of olive I've been looking for! At a wallet-friendly $118, this one's a no-brainer. If you're as smitten as I am, hurry - it's already sold out at Need Supply, but you can still find it at Revolve.





On the more chic (and subsequently more expensive) end, we have this sophisticated Ali Ro Anorak Jacket. I love the way it's cut and the design details add interest without making it too busy. $325 @ Saks. It's much shinier in person than it appears in these photos, and has a very soft, silky texture.



Photos:
1) www.needsupply.com
2-3) www.revolveclothing.com
4-5) www.saks.com

No comments:

Post a Comment