Thursday, August 30, 2012

My Ceramics Addiction: The Latest Damage

Those who know me (and any longtime readers of the blog) will be familiar with my borderline-unhealthy fixation on housewares, which my recent move has brought out in full force.  My hoarding of ceramic objects, in particular, has been raging unchecked. I'm not sure when, why, or how I developed a penchant for collecting handcrafted pottery from far flung places, but I choose to blame my parents and the dizzying assortment of dishes, glasses, vases, etc. that lined the cupboards in our home while I was growing up. I'm trying to reign it in before my apartment becomes a kook's nest of breakables, but it's proving to be quite the challenge.

Despite the fact that there is no more room on our shelves, I recently acquired these lovely white relief mugs from Hakusan by Mori (mentioned in the last post). Masahiro Mori is a prolific ceramic artist hailing from the Saga area of Japan, known for producing beautiful ceramics.


The triangle pattern is now sold out, which is helping me justify the purchase just a little. 

The irregular dot pattern is so delicate and perhaps my favorite:

I'm smitten with this Ben Fiess porcelain cup + stoneware saucer set. I have one of his speckled vessels and love the way it looks, though I have yet to figure out what to use it for other than to adorn the shelf it currently occupies. This crackle glazed cup in a dreamy hue + chunky saucer would look lovely on my dining table.  Made in Minnesota.

 Source: Ship & Shape

I love all things Akiko Graham, and this stoneware and milk tea mug is no exception. Seattle-made, and created exclusively for Ashton Road. 
Source: Ashton Road

No comments:

Post a Comment