Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Vanessa Seward x A.P.C.

The term "lamé shorts" tends to conjure up all kinds of sartorial horrors in my mind. Unless, of course, it's roller derby disco night.  However, these chic little hot pants from Vanessa Seward's capsule collection for A.P.C. are totally real-life appropriate and absolutely beautiful in person. 

Made from archival fabrics from the now defunct couture textile company Soieries Abraham, which once supplied design houses like Balenciaga and YSL, the gold jacquard pattern on beige wool is ultra fine and sophisticated in a modern silhouette.

On a recent visit, I had to pry myself away from them, reasoning that they would be worn but once or twice before I'd have to retire them, and it would be such a shame to let them languish in my closet with the dozens of other cherished-but-too-distinctive-for-their-own-good pieces that are silently accompanying me to old ladyhood.

Lamé shorts in rosy beige, Vanessa Seward x A.P.C. (also available in a silver/blue)

Pattern detail:
Images: www.apc.fr

No comments:

Post a Comment