Tuesday, August 7, 2007

She's a Lady

My friend Stephanie recently asked for recommendations for revamping her hyper-feminine and somewhat classic wardrobe. I considered the task somewhat of a challenge because, as she knows, I'm not a superfan of girly fashions. The ultra-feminine looks I do favor tend to have a modern sensibility and a bit of an edge. Steph wanted to stay away from anything too trendy, so I envisioned a modern-day Audrey Hepburn and suggested sticking with the soft, classic look with which she was comfortable, but perhaps trying a bold color, adding a whimsical accessory, or updating a classic handbag with chunky hardware. These pieces are ladylike for sure, but less "dame" and more "sex kitten."

The Clothes:

The bright emerald hue and cutout detail sex up an otherwise staid look. Catherine Malandrino blouson turtleneck, $325 @ Saks.

Conservative-chic from the front . . .

. . . and giving new meaning to SexyBack. Twelfth St. by Cynthia Vincent Dolman Sleeve Dress, $216 @ Shopbop.

The Toppers:

Set off your look with a fantastic coat. Diane Von Furstenburg stand collar Quinnie coat, available @ Saks, $575.

I've gone over this before, but I'll say it again: everyone needs a sexy trench, preferably nipped in at the waist. The chic orange belt alone has me jonesing for this Gryphon trench. $605 @ Ylli.

The Props:

Chanel would be too obvious a choice, so I went with this cream Marc Jacobs patchwork bag with blingy hardware and oversized chain strap. $1395 @ Bergdorf Goodman.

These vintage-inspired clear plastic cat-eye frames add a quirky touch. By Paola Belle, $198 @ Steven Alan.
Photo credit: 1, 4 - www.saks.com. 2, 3 - www.shopbop.com. 5 - www.yllibklyn.com. 6 - www.marcjacobs.com. 7 - www.stevenalan.com

No comments:

Post a Comment