Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Swinging in London

This isn't a post about London Fashion Week (which ends tomorrow, by the way). Some of you have asked why I haven't covered any of the S/S 2008 shows here in NY. It's because the season is so far away that I typically forget what I like, or my idea of fabulous changes by the time the merchandise arrives in stores. Instead, I've opted to create a lookbook on Style.com, culling my favorite looks from the upcoming season for your perusal, if you're really curious. I'll post the link once all the shows are over.

Getting back to Fall '07, which has only just begun: I'm loving this Byzantine meets psychedelic Marc by Marc Jacobs dress. The metallic accent and swing shape recall the 60's, when it might have been the perfect party frock for a girl-about-London. Somehow Marc Jacobs always manages to transport such evocative styles to the present and render them refreshingly modern.

Marc by Marc Jacobs Kaleigh Print Dress, $528 @ Standard Style.


Detail.

Photo credit: www.standardstyle.com

No comments:

Post a Comment