Thursday, November 15, 2007

Can't Handle the Cashmere?

A number of my male friends mentioned that they loved the Apolis Activism charcoal striped crew from a few posts back, but that it was a little on the pricey side.

"But it's cashmere," I countered (tempted to add "daaahlings" but restrained myself, as upper-crust argot would do little to help my case).

My formidable powers of persuasion could not convince them of the merits of plush, feathersoft, ultrafine wool, and they remained unmoved, so I was forced to capitulate with an exasperated sigh. If you're not ready for cashmere yet, here's a nice alternative. Still a sweater, still stripey, and still hot. RVCA's Transit striped crew, $66 @ the Closet.

While we're on the subject of stripeyness, I'll post this cozy thing from Ever. Something about it is sort of lumberjacky. It kind of reminds me of one of those old-fashioned, thermal night shirts. Just add long underwear. Tallahassee Longsleeve Navy tee, $120 @ The Closet.

Photo credit: www.thecloset.com

No comments:

Post a Comment