Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Whither Went the Waist?

It appears, from the various spring lookbooks I've been browsing, that flowy caftan-esque tops and dresses are still going strong.  As much as I welcomed the play on volume that has worked its way into fashion over the past couple of years, after seeing countless interpretations everywhere from Saks to Forever 21, the silhouette is no longer fresh to me.  I'm eager to get back to the days when you could actually discern a waist on a girl. 


If I were to drown myself in swathes of fabric however, I'd definitely do it in a Karen Zambos designed, vintage-inspired way.  Loving this with black tights.  Add some estate jewelry and a faux alligator purse and you're good to go.  Karen Zambos Vintage Couture Shirt Dress, now a steal at $214.50 (was $429).  Available in red, ivory, or black.

Photo credit: www.shopbop.com

No comments:

Post a Comment