Wednesday, June 25, 2008

More to Score

The teasing continues: further reductions have been made at the Net-a-Porter sale. Never in my life have I been known to complain about a sale, but damnit, don't they know I've been interning for the last six months and am flat broke?? Have a heart.

I am very tempted to get one of these, despite the lack of funds. Fearful of succumbing to the lure of the plastic and getting sucked into a vortex of credit card debt from which there is no return, I generally try to behave myself. Today it might be a Rick Owens Lilies dress on sale, but tomorrow could find me at the doorstep of Louboutin. The thought of harnessing that much purchasing power makes me very, very afraid, and I'm almost positive I'd turn into a clothes-hungry werewolf-type thing that goes trawling the boutiques in search of a score. I'll choose to exercise restraint for the sake of my own mental well-being, but that doesn't mean you have to. Go wild (and let me live vicariously through your purchases).

DAY Birger et Mikkelsen Jacquard Drapy wrap dress, now $120. Punch up the drab color with red lips and it makes for a ladylike look reminiscent of old films.


Rick Owens Lilies Ribbed tank dress, now $156. I was astonished to find that there are actually several beautiful offerings on sale from the master of draping.


McQ Cotton knit asymmetric cardigan, now $192. It'll make for a great layering piece as you transition to frigid, air-conditioned interiors.
Photo credit: www.net-a-porter.com

No comments:

Post a Comment