Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Taunted and Teased

Searching for a job ranks high on my list of least favorite things to do. As if the tedium of updating one's resume, picking through Mediabistro listings, writing more cover letters than ever thought possible, compiling writing samples, and having to overcome shyness to reach out to contacts isn't awful enough, Shopbop had to go and have a one-day-only sale. Of course, being that I'm jobless, I'm also broke. It is with bitter sigh, rolling of eyes, and much pouty-facedness that I inform you that you can save up to 20% off on apparel (excludes sale merch) today only by using code "heatwave08" at checkout. While you are off gamboling about town in your new short shorts, breezy camisoles, and party frocks, gaily twirling a parasol and licking an ice cream cone, I'll be chained to my laptop somewhere wearing last summer's threadbare duds, begging for work in a recession.

I'll be missing out on these styles, but you don't have to.

Hot days in the city call for light denim cutoffs with a twist. Elizabeth and James Dazed Short, $275 before discount.

A printed cami with pretty shoulder ties. Myne Print Erica Top, $161 before discount.

Glam it up, vintage style, in this stunner. MLH Louisa Peacock Sequin Dress, $495 before discount.

Back . . .

Detail . . .
Photo credit: www.shopbop.com

No comments:

Post a Comment