Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Head Case

Yesterday's 90+ temps left me with little to do with my hair but slick it back in a woefully unflattering fashion, using a masterful combination of athletic-strength hair elastics and snap clips. It's damn near impossible to leave it down when it's that hot, so I tend to just tie it up, throw on a pair of aviators, and go about my business, weaving my way through the Manhattan crowds with a steely, Terminator-like determination. I usually can't help but get into character, setting my face into a hard almost-frown as I move from errand to errand, ever mindful that the sun must not set before I've saved Linda Hamilton and Edward Furlong visited the eye doctor, faxed a bunch of resumes, and purchased toilet paper.

If you find yourself in the same boat and have $335 to spare, here's a lovely headband to make a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad hair day less so. Adeline Cacheux's Bijou de Tete, consisting of a sterling silver chain and elasticized band, will instantly dress up that unfortunate, humidity-ravaged coiffure. Available at Language.
Photo credit: www.shoplanguage.com

No comments:

Post a Comment