Monday, September 8, 2008

Fashion Week Refugee

So New York Fashion Week is in full swing, and since I've been out of town since Friday I've fallen way behind on the Spring '09 shows. Any attempts to catch up from my parents' house in Maryland were thwarted by Tropical Storm Hannah, who decided to flood our basement. I spent the better half of the weekend removing forgotten keepsakes from cardboard boxes. Most of the damage was confined to our enormous storage space, which is packed to the ceiling with discarded ephemera from old moves, and just junk we don't know what to do with. It was sort of like stepping into a time capsule, as we unearthed childhood playthings that had long ago been banished to plastic crates, and now-vintage items such as cassettes, floppy disks, VHS tapes, and IBM's second ever PC model.

Anyway, I'm now blogging from the Bolt Bus, en route to NYC, and will be playing catch up all week. I'll kick it off my delayed Fashion Week coverage with this Diane von Furstenberg one-piece. It's my first must-have bathing suit for Spring 2009. Love the cut, love the color, love the 70's crossover styling.

Photo credit: Frazer Harrison

No comments:

Post a Comment