Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Summer-Fall Limbo

Hope everyone had a wonderful Labor Day weekend. I spent the first half of mine enjoying the relative quiet of a deserted NYC, then finished it off with an impromptu trip to Boston.

I've been out of sorts lately, and I'm not sure if it's due to premature onset of Seasonal Affective Disorder as summer disappears, a lack of consistency in sleep and diet, or that I'm just in a very transitional phase right now with no inkling of what lies beyond the corner, career-wise.

Apparently, my wardrobe is just as confused. It hates this in-between stage, just as I do. I'm no longer interested in my summer gear (which only consists of American Apparel U-neck beaters or casual dresses layered over bathing suits), but it's not quite cool enough to adopt the fall styles just yet. My poor trench coats, tights, and boots are left languishing in the depths of my closet, wondering if they'll ever see the light of day again. Until their time comes, here are some transition-friendly shirtdresses. For now, wear them with bare legs and sandals, but come chillier temps, you can pair with tights, layer under cardigans, and play around with different belts.

Velvet Cherry Dress
, now $60 (was$152) @ Tobi.
Graham & Spencer tie waist dress. UPDATE: No longer available.


Supersocial drawstring tunic. UPDATE: Also sold out. What gives?

Photo credit: 1) www.tobi.com 2) www.tobi.com 3) www.pixiemarket.com

No comments:

Post a Comment