Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Hoping, Praying, Fingerscrossin'

Dear Readers,

I am far too nervous to blog today, and I'm hoping you're too busy getting your vote on to bother reading me.

For me, it's Barack or Canada, and with the race being as tight as it is (I won't let the polls get my hopes up), my next post may well feature wintry fashions for my new life as a Canadienne. Rest assured that no matter how frigid it may get up there, I will never don a pair of Uggs.

It's frightening for me to imagine that John McCain could be our next jefe, but the fact is, even though my family, friends, workplace, industry, and city are fiercely and overwhelmingly pro-Obama, our views are not shared by all Americans, or even a small fraction of them. I wasn't even aware that I knew any McCain supporters until I noticed a high school friend's Facebook status message proclaiming her preference, which certainly made me shudder but also forced me to acknowledge the very real possibility of a Walnuts presidency.

Oy, it's going to be a long day.

3 comments:

  1. You can't wear Ugg(lies) here in Canada anyway, the snow destroys them!
    But we have a Conservative in power right now, so it might not be the best choice to come up. We still do have universal healthcare though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hullo. My brother is 17 and I am looking for a present for him. I would like to get him a coat or a jacket but I'm not sure what is stylish on a man. Please can you give me some recommendations for coats online? Since there's not much choice in Canada... Please and Thankyou.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amelia, thanks for the advice -- looks like I won't be moving north of the border anytime soon. Gabrielle, if he's 17, I'd go for something stylish but not too fancy or serious. I'd recommend Urban Outfitters (www.urbanoutfitters.com). If you don't live near one of their Canadian locations, they do ship to Canada, and with the wide range of styles (there are currently 124 styles on the website, and most are wallet-friendly), you're sure to find one that suits him.

    ReplyDelete