Saturday, December 26, 2009

Fantasy Friday: Taking a Gander at Golden Goose

In which we shop with imaginary money and indulge our fanciest fancies.

This week's Fantasy Friday post is arriving (fashionably) late, owing to the holiday.

I've been coveting Golden Goose's Charlye boots for two winters in a row now, and was hoping I'd someday get over them, but alas, they've still got a hold on me. Handcrafted in Italy, with a perfectly worn in, lightly distressed look and burnished metal buckle detail, they're absolute perfection. Though I've searched far and wide for something comparable in my price range, nothing seems to satisfy me. One of these days, I'm just going to have to pony up for them. 2009 tax return, perhaps?

Golden Goose Charlye Boot, $1164 @ La Garconne.


Leather detail
 
Photo credit: www.lagarconne.com

3 comments:

  1. Ahh I dream of those boots too, how absolutely beautiful! I think your Loeffler randall brown ones are something to dream about too though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks, erin. they're looking pretty beat up these days after all the wintry weather so i'm currently in search of a shoe repair shop that can restore them to their former glory. have you found any leather beauties in buenos aires yet?

    ReplyDelete