Sunday, January 3, 2010

Sunday Linkage: Images to Inspire for 2010

In which we take a break from shopping to gaze at pretty pictures and read about things that caught my fancy this week.  

Happy 2010! Apologies for the lack of posts -- I've been sick and can't seem to shake the last of it. Hoping to turn in early tonight so I can resume work tomorrow with renewed vim and vigor.

Big events in store for 2010 will include a new apartment and new roomie, lots of weddings, hopefully another Euro trip (and possibly Asia), and who knows what else. In blog news, I'll be working on a banner and logo, which I'm really excited about, so keep an eye out for that.

So far the year is off to a great, albeit rather quiet start. Illness and Arctic weather have forced me to remain indoors, which means I've had time to read and watch countless films, which stirred the imagination and whet my inspiration-seeking appetite.  I'm suddenly craving lush visuals, hankering after saturated jewel tones and delicate pastels, and lusting for exquisitely detailed finery. A sampling:

Wong Kar-Wai's In the Mood For Love is one of the most visually stunning films I've ever seen. Its gorgeous, brilliantly colored aesthetic is crafted with such painstaking precision that Maggie Cheung's elegant, perfectly fitted cheongsams filled my daydreams for days after watching it (rumor has it her hair and makeup took five hours per day while filming). A collection of stills:






Photo: Flickr







Speaking of arresting cinematic visuals, Sarah Klassen over at Haute Design put me in a Marie Antoinette mood with a collection of photos dripping with decadence.



Fingers full of rainbow-colored baubles -- kind of creepy, and kind of awesome, via RUM.



How very Anne Bancroft. Would've made the perfect NYE outfit for Mrs. Robinson. I keep turning to The Graduate again and again for style inspiration. Via Mayhem is Beautiful.



Sigh. If only my morning after could have looked this good. Via {this is glamourous}.

No comments:

Post a Comment