Friday, March 26, 2010

Fantasy Friday: Pepe is His Name

In which we shop with imaginary money and indulge our fanciest fancies.

I've generally never gone for It bags (with the exception of a Balenciaga Classique in 2005, but who among us could resist its charms back then?), preferring instead its subtler, but no less attractive cousin in a collection. I am, however,  hopelessly obsessed with Givenchy's glorious V-shaped creation in wrinkled leather.  It takes all the strength I can muster to keep from flinging myself out of doors and dashing towards DUMBO just so I can cradle it in my arms at Zoe. Shopkeeps, if you are reading this, ready yourselves with a restraining order, for I may very well be lurking outside your store at this very moment, trying to peep into your windows for a glimpse of it. I fear that once it's dangling on my arm I won't be able to let go.

Curiously, Zoe lists it as the New V Pepe, but I can't seem to spot the difference between this style and the Tinhan Old Pepe. Anyone have a clue?

Givenchy New V Pepe Wrinkled Leather in black, $1, 270 @ Zoe.

Photo: www.shopzoeonline.com

No comments:

Post a Comment