Monday, May 10, 2010

Summer Scheming: Building an Outfit With Steven Alan's Red Gathered Tank

The howling, gale-force winds that have descended upon NYC had me hiding indoors for the better part of the weekend. It was probably for the best, as my recent shopping excursions have left me penniless. I did get to log in a fair bit of online window shopping, however, and I'm now saving up for several items that have whet my shopping appetite anew, like this adorable picnic-checked top from Steven Alan, which inspired me to dream up the perfect summer outfit.


Red Gathered Tank, $118 @ Steven Alan.



It would look so, so good on dark blue jean shorts or cropped skinnies. High-waisted Hotpants, $55 @ Topshop.

Add  a pair of espadrilles, or these vintage-inspired basketweave flats. They've gotten rave reviews all around. $28 @ Urban Outfitters.


Finish the look with brown or tortoiseshell sunnies, but in a modern shape to keep the look from going too retro. With their modern take on the cat-eye shape and pitch-perfect combination of milky vintage brown plastic frames and grey-green lenses, Karen Walker's Number Ones are just right. $170 @ Gargyle. Get 'em while they last.
Photos: 
1) www.refinery29.com
2) www.topshop.com
3) www.urbanoutfitters.com
4) www.gargyle.com

No comments:

Post a Comment