Tuesday, September 21, 2010

All the Right Trimmings: More Capes from Vena Cava and Chris + Jamie

After three consecutive weekends away from New York, I'm eagerly looking forward to getting back into the groove of things. Despite deceptively warm days, there's an unmistakable chill in the air come sundown, and as depressing as it is to know what's coming, the one thing that perks me up is fall clothes. That, and the promise of hot chocolate to warm my insides as all around me turns to ice.

I like to start building my fall wardrobe with jackets, and as I'm particularly keen on finding a cape this year, I stumbled across a couple of chic jacket-cape hybrids:

There are so many good things going on in this leather trim capelet by Chris and Jamie: from the dusty peach-rose hue to the stand-up collar, plaid lining to leather piping, and a perfectly placed zip in front for when you need a little more mobility with your hands. $178 @ Le Train Bleu.




Vena Cava's Battening Cape is the perfect partner for an autumn forest walk, featuring a shawl collar, roomy hood,  leather piping (loving all this leather piping!), and skinny leather belt. $622 @FrancesMay. Sigh. A girl can dream . . . or save.


Photos:
1-2) www.letrainbleu.com
3-5) www.francesmay.com

No comments:

Post a Comment