Friday, April 29, 2011

Summer Lovin': Bold Brights From Vanessa Bruno, Tom Ford, and Alexandre Birman

Spring has just barely sprung in NYC and I'm already looking forward to summer. With it will come summer Fridays and June weddings, outdoor films and concerts in the park, flea market food stalls and popsicle stands, and a reprieve from the NYU students who make the lines long at my neighborhood spots (I know, the school was here first). One of the things I'm most excited to welcome is the return of bright, beautiful color. Not that I'm ditching my standard, year-round palette of black, white, grey, and navy, but I'm eager to liven things up with a dash here and a dash there of eye-popping brights -- particularly electric hues of orange and teal.

On my wishlist:

I'm trying to hunt down this Alexandre Birman wedge in this lovely teal hue so that I may treat myself to them upon the replenishing of the bank account, post-Eurotrip. So far I've only encountered it in brown. Word of any local sightings would be much appreciated.


Okay, so I haven't actually smelled this one yet, but I looooove the look of it. Just picture it classing up your medicine cabinet or vanity table. Ignore the fact that it's currently making headlines for the provocative ad on display at Selfridges. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino unisex body oil, $70 and currently on backorder at Neiman's.

I hardly ever wear coral, but for this lovely stretch bracelet, I'd be willing to take the leap. Vanessa Bruno beaded stretch bracelet, $90 @ Otte.  Also available in white.

I could never pull off a coral blazer (even if it's as impeccably cut as this striking number, also by Vanessa Bruno), but the adorable Rachel Bilson sure can. Pairing it with a pale, flesh-tone neutral sets it off perfectly. Love.


Photos:
1) www.style.com
2, 3) www.refinery29.com
4) www.stylesalad.com via Getty images

No comments:

Post a Comment