Wednesday, December 7, 2011

It's Raining Shoes

I've been on a shoe shopping spree for the past several months and can't seem to stop snatching up zapatos left and right. From cheetah print Loeffler Randall stilettos (Halloween present to myself - yes, I will use just about any holiday as an excuse to shop for shoes) to silver glitter-encrusted J.Crew pumps (intended for holiday party season but quickly becoming a go-to for sprucing up jeans), I've been adding to my collection of fun footwear -- i.e. shoes that make me smile.

As much as I love the extra spring in my step when I walk down the street in them, however, the pair that's been seeing the most pavement is a pair of black Anniel ballerina flats. I'd been searching high and low for them to no avail, until I walked into Steven Alan a few weeks ago and spied them front and center, waiting for me. I've been living in them ever since and am constantly amazed at just how comfortable they are. I've tried Repetto in the past, but somehow they just didn't suit my foot and languished in my closet, unworn. These, however, are just heaven. Like Repetto, their roots are in the dance world. I highly recommend getting them in every color (I'm already considering getting a second pair in black, in case they run out).

One thing to note is that they run big (for me, at least). I'm a true 7 1/2, so I usually go for a 38 in European sizes, but I had to size all the way down to a 36 in these.

Anniel Classic Ballet, $188 @stevenalan.com



Image: www. stevenalan.com

No comments:

Post a Comment