Thursday, August 23, 2007

No Love

There was no Shoptometrist action for you today due to an emergency involving a plumbing fiasco and a sprained ankle. My cousin Mona was staying with me and helped me deal with the toilet that decided to become a fountain (lesson learned -- do not flush tampons, no matter how many times you've done it before without anything bad happening), gushing forth a torrent of H2O that would not cease. Per the handyman's instructions, we spent most of the morning gliding back and forth on the towels we'd laid out on the floor to soak up the water that had seeped beneath the parquet, laughing as we did the Mashed Potato and the Twist to cover every inch of the apartment. Despite our best dance moves, we could not prevent the parquet from buckling and warping, so there will be more face time with the handyman tomorrow. I also managed to injure myself in the process, but I reported to work as usual and somehow made it through the day in four inch stillettos. I don't plan on missing Carl's class at the gym tomorrow either, so if I'm not crippled by the afternoon, consider it a minor miracle.

You'll be getting some tomorrow. And I promise it'll be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment