Monday, January 7, 2008

Fine Wines

Since I've voiced my disdain for most things pink, I figured I'd do a feature on a color I am feeling right now: wine red.  It's strong, moody, sensual.  The loveliness of a beautiful bordeaux or merlot is further enhanced when paired with black.  A range of varietals to choose from:

My favorite thing about this top is the sexy cutout in the back.   T-Bags Solid Cross Front Open Back Top, $114.80 (was 164).

The front has a plunging neckline. If you're not so daring, layer it over a black cami.

Here's a look from C&C California. The purveyors of overpriced tees have been working on their range over the past couple of years by incorporating dresses and knits into their repertoire.  Surprisingly, the prices are quite reasonable.  I was pleasantly surprised to find this cashmere dress among their offerings -- it has a bit of a Sonia Rykiel feel to it.  C&C California Keira Mixed Stripe Cashmere Dress, $137.50 (was $275).

Detail.

This delicate cami is semi-sheer with a nice shadow stripe detail.  I would love to see it paired with a chunky black cardigan sweater for contrast.  Ella Moss Natalie V Neck Tunic, $61 (was $122).

Back detail.

My personal favorite happens to be this pair of over-the-knee boots by Loeffler Randall.   The rich hue is beautifully articulated in luxurious suede, with a round toe and conical heel that's not terribly high.  Carine over-the-knee suede boot, $362.50 (originally $725).  
Photo credit: www.shopbop.com

No comments:

Post a Comment