Monday, January 7, 2008

Pretty in Pink

I'm not a pink person, especially when it comes to the paler varieties often termed "blush" or "shell." However, while browsing the pre-spring merch at Jake, I happened across not one, but two dresses in the aforementioned hue that were just too pretty to ignore. Be forewarned: both are incredibly expensive -- I just wanted to prove to myself that my gag reflex doesn't have to kick in at the sight of the color.

I usually shudder at the thought of pastel hues, but Doo.ri is a label I trust to do them right. It's a shame the necklace doesn't come with it -- I initially thought it was part of the collar detail. Rose dress with sheer jersey, $950.

I wholeheartedly applaud the stylist's decision to pair this vintage-inspired brocade shift dress with a slim, navy cardigan. If we're going to open the door to pastel pink again, let's add a bit of navy. Richard Chai Tie Front Dress, $1895.

Photo credit: www.shopjake.com

No comments:

Post a Comment