Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Those Fluorescent Lights Come From Everywhere

This Saturday, my friend Ali and I are heading to the DFA Dance Party at the MoMA. The lineup includes Holy Ghost! Juan Maclean, T&T, Justin Miller and Jacques Renault. In the spirit of their new exhibition, Color Chart: Reinventing Color, 1950 to Today, those in attendance are asked to wear their brightest brights and get dancey.

Dan Flavin. Untitled (to Don Judd, colorist), 1–5. 1987. Colored fluorescent lights.

While searching the internets for something fun to wear, I fell in love with a little yellow sweatshirt from PAM (Aussie duo Perks and Mini). Sadly, it won't get here in time for the party, so I'll probably just have to default to something from American Apparel. Space Face Sweat, $185.15 @ We Sold Out.


I love the logo tag inside, too.

You can visit DFA Records here.

Photo credit: 1) www.moma.org. Courtesy the Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum and the Estate of Dan Flavin. 2-3) www.wesoldout.com

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I just read about this on and they said it's sold out. How did you get tickets?

    Nice blog btw, I just read it for like an hour :)

    ReplyDelete