Thursday, December 24, 2009

Happy Holidays!

Plans to make my way back to San Francisco for the holidays fell through, so I'm now DC-bound. Before I brace myself to enter the bowels of hell that is Penn Station on Christmas Eve, I wanted to send out some holiday love to SF. Until we meet again . . .

Followers of my old blog will be familiar with this, but here it is again -- a video of my all-time favorite SF song, "San Franciscan Nights" by Eric Burdon and the Animals:



Bonus: Undiscovered Land has a time machine that takes us back to late 1950's SF.

And for the rest of you, I leave you with my holiday e-card, which I scanned from the a 1970 issue of French Vogue ( I forget which -- I'm assuming December?). It perfectly captures my vision of what  Christmas Eve should look like, if I happened to be a French Mrs. Claus.


Have a great holiday weekend!

Xo,
M

No comments:

Post a Comment