Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Together at Last: Herman Miller Eames Molded Plastic Rocker on Sale

DWR is having a Herman Miller sale! As noted on their website, this rarely happens, so I plan on taking advantage and finally realizing my dream of owning an Eames rocker. I know, I know, it's so played out, but God help me, I love it so. I've wanted it so badly for so long that I don't mind how ubiquitous they are.  The fact that I can't click my way aroung the internet without running into one every other minute hasn't lessened its appeal for me. I simply cannot wait to get rocking.

Having been tipped off to the 15% off sale prior to its announcement by an in-the-know friend, I'd been plotting my purchase en secret, weighing my color options with all the seriousness of any life-altering decision I've ever made. I'd originally wanted white, thinking it was the most neutral and thus, most likely to work with future apartments. However, I've always had a thing for the red-orange, and since the space I'll soon be moving into is half the size of my current room, I think it could do with a lively spot of bright color. I plan on adorning it with my chunky knit Twinkle throw.

At 15% off, the chair is coming out to $407.15. Sale ends Sunday, December 13th.


  Photo credit: www.hivemodern.com

No comments:

Post a Comment