Sunday, February 21, 2010

Sunday Linkage: Trosman SS10, Christopher Payne's American Mental Institutions, and a Yellow Submarine

In which we take a break from shopping to gaze at pretty pictures and read about things that caught my fancy this week.  

I'm currently blogging from Think Coffee down the street from my place and plan to be here all week, as I no longer have internet access (I had it cut off in anticipation of my move, which is now just a week away). It's been a while since I've done a Sunday Linkage post so I've got lots of random this and that to share with you.

On a trip to Argentina in 2006, I came back with armloads of clothing from Trosman, purveyor of chic-yet-affordable, fashion-forward designs. I've been following the brand ever since and was excited to come across Coco + Kelley's recent post about the delightful styling in their Spring/Summer 2010 lookbook. The shiny leggings, drapey dresses, and explosive colors are making me want to hop across the equator for another dose. Who's down to sign a petition mandating that they open up shop Stateside?

 

  

 

How great is this little yellow submarine/tea-infuser from Ototo Design Studio? Via Rachel of  Black*Eiffel. 
A Time to Get, one of my favorite blogs, spotlights photographer Christopher Payne's studies of abandoned American mental institutions. It reminds me of an eye-opening exhibit I saw at the New York State Museum in Albany several years ago, which featured the contents of forgotten suitcases that were discovered in the attic of a former psychiatric hospital and pieced together the lives of the patients to whom they belonged. Payne's hauntingly still photographs are as beautiful as they are disturbing.
 

  

  

 
  
  
 
 


On to happier thoughts. Do you like doggies? Cherrypatter reminds us that the Westminster dog show is this week.

Photos:
1-3) www.trosman.com via www.cocokelley.blogspot.com
4) www.blackeiffel.blogspot.com
5-11) www.atimetoget.com
12) www.cherrypatter.com

No comments:

Post a Comment