Friday, December 18, 2009

Fantasy Friday: A Plastic Trench, Quilted Chloe Pumps, and Marni's Flowering Baubles

In which we shop with imaginary money and indulge our fanciest fancies.

New weekly feature on the blog! Fantasy Fridays will be just that: a momentary escape from reality and its financial constraints. Giddy with glee as the glorious weekend stretches out before us, we shall toss our cares aside and "shop" with wild abandon for the imaginary wardrobes in our minds.

The idea stems for my frustration over the fact that many a lovely thing goes unblogged here because neither I nor my readers can afford it. For all but the obscenely wealthy, many of the beautiful clothes we see on runways and in the windows of high-end boutiques are entirely unattainable. I'm sure I'm not alone in dreaming about what I would buy if money was no object, so I'm inviting you to fantasize with me, and possibly find some inspiration to guide you in your own shopping. Please feel free to chime in, especially if you find a lower-priced alternative to some of the looks seen here. Without further ado . . .

I've been meaning to post this one for a while now, but somehow it got buried. I walked into Agent Provocateur a few months ago and fell head over heels for this adorable plastic mini trench. I was especially intrigued because it's not the sort of thing I would ever be remotely interested in, as I generally regard the look to be rather raunchy and ridiculous. However, AP's version is just delightful. The smoky grey is actually gorgeous in person, but the photo on the website doesn't come close to capturing it. It's shown here in blush pink. Agent Provocateur Kendra Mac, $850.


Cannot stop staring at the backs of these beautiful quilted leather pumps. Chloe Fruit Lamb Quilt Pump in black, $570 @ Zoe.





I love Marni's gorgeously oversized baubles. This season, I'm loving these cream and white fabric rosettes strung on black ribbon. It would be a fun way to add an embellished collar to an simple ensemble, as shown. Marni Lily horn rosette necklace, $665 @ Net-a-Porter.
Photo credit: 
1) www.agentprovocateur.com
2, 3) www.shopzoeonline.com 
3) net-a-porter.com

No comments:

Post a Comment