Wednesday, December 9, 2009

My Doorman is Santa

Today felt like Christmas. A bunch of things I'd had on order managed to arrive unexpectedly and all at once. I'd been eagerly awaiting the release of i love macarons and a copy just made its way into my outstretched arms. Its recipes and photographs are every bit as enticing as I'd dreamed.  Some Like it Hot: 50 Drinks to Warm Your Spirits was another tempting title I succumbed to after encountering its recipes on countless blogs, and I can't wait to start whipping up some hot toddies and grog. Lastly, ten pairs of Gilly Hicks undies found me.

Having quenched my appetites for fine desserts, fiery drinks, and lacy underthings, I shall now turn my thoughts to the gifts I might buy for others, as I'm still a bit behind on my "nice" list.

Anyone in need of a faux coat tree? Try this clever wall sticker from Ferm Living. You can add your own hooks however you fancy. A bit too expensive at $127.75, but it's hard to resist.



A beautiful, folksy snood. Aubin & Wills Ramlet cashmere-blend knitted snood, $195 @ Net-a-Porter.

 

 


For the coffee lover, this lovely French coffee press gets you 8 cups while also serving as a gorgeous countertop accoutrement.  La Cafetiere Pura Orange Ceramic Press, $31.99 @ Central Chef. Be forewarned: Central Chef will quickly become your new favorite kitchen shop.


If, like me, tea is more your thing, you'll love Argentine artist Sollinero's whimsical illustrations, all of which are tea-related and tell a delightful story about a Mr. Alfonso who embarks on a search for the perfect tea leaf. Available through Etsy, prints range in price from $15-$50.

 
 
Photo credit: 
1) www.fermlivingshop.us

2-5) www.net-a-porter.com

6) www.centralchef.com

7-9) Sollinero - www.etsy.com/shop/sollinero

No comments:

Post a Comment